View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #116
ryanmctee

Re: Ryan's 72 K10 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72KAY20 View Post
Let me know if you figure out a way to get the top molding to fit. I agree that it will look much better. Have been tempted to experiment and take a dremel tool to the 90 deg bend on the back and trim it down just a little. Will probably wait to see if anyone else is successful.

Definitely do NOT want to take that window out again! I was happy enough just to get the side and bottom chrome trim to fit.
John, I was thinking the exact same thing on my trim. You first though, lol. No really, I'm planning on taking a dremel to all my trim and cutting off the 90 degree lip and stuffing it in the gasket. My gasket is so tight that I think simple gravity will hold in the trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt's_72 View Post
Ryan,
Been away for awhile.
Truck looks just super!! I would be proud, as I know you are.

Our luck with the windshield is exactly the same. Even the responses from our glass guys. Mine is in, but not sealed because I'm supposed to drive it so it settles. Your gasket puckers at the top just like mine, even.

Continue to keep us posted.
Curt
Curt, thanks for the compliment on the truck. I am very proud, especially with the fact that the only thing I didn't do myself is install the windshield. I was really hoping for a better update on your windshield, but I was afraid that your update would be exactly as you stated. Maybe someone should get in the after market windshield/gasket/trim business and sell them as a package!

Now for a recent update on the truck. I've been driving a little bit. Happy to say that when I filled the gas tank for the first time, it filled very well speed wise. I was afraid that I would spend an hour at the pump waiting for the tank to fill. Attached is a picture of the fill set up. I used a blazer fill tube and mounted it inside my bed, I'm really happy with the look and function.

I got my new replacement grill from LMC installed last night. The first one from Counterfit fit horrible. See the before and after pictures of the grill. The LMC grill fits excellent. I still have to install my seatbelts and rearview mirror, bleed my brakes, and install a receiver hitch under the bumper. Oh yeah, I'm going to put the steering wheel that came with the truck back on. It appears to be a wheel from a late 70's truck, but I just am not happy with the feel of the wood style wheel thats currently on the truck. It looks really cool, but just doesn't fit my hands really well. It's going to be for sale if anyone wants it. So I'm shooting for this weekend to be 100% complete with the truck. Will take lots of pictures after I get it all washed up.
Attached Images