View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 10:15 PM   #55
theastronaut

Re: RnD Fabrication 1947-1954 Chevrolet & GMC Pickup & Suburban Aluminum Radiators!

Like I said, we bought a ton of parts up front at the beginning of the restoration. I checked it for damage as soon as it arrived and boxed it back up until we were ready to install it. I did not realize the neck was in the wrong location until we started assembling the truck. That is why it's been five months, which is well within a "one year warranty", so that's why I contacted you this late. In my mind I still should have a few more months of warranty left...

You pictures show what anyone would assume is the "default" location of the filler neck. Behind the tank on a 90* filler neck. Very similar to the original radiators because the upper radiator support blocks the top of the tank. Why would I need to ask for you to specifically place the neck where your pictures show it to be located, and where the factory locates the filler neck?

It's clearly made improperly, which I think is a "manufacture's defect".

You originally offered to charge us $35 plus shipping for a filler neck for us to have installed at our cost. I thought that was ridiculous since it should have been installed in the correct location to start with. Then you offered it for free if we would cover shipping. Now you're offering to send it for free, including shipping.

Does this really look like something I should have to specify that I didn't want when ordering? Especially when the picture on your website and the original radiator both have filler necks off the back of the tank on 90* necks? The filler neck is completely under the upper radiator brace. That's unacceptable, unuseable, and nothing anyone would ever order on purpose.

Your picture showing a rear mounted 90* filler neck. I didn't specify that I wanted a top mounted filler neck, so this is what I should have recieved.

Also, you are correct that your website states the default location of the filler neck. That is because you've recently edited it to say that, sometime since 2/2/18. It didn't say that when I ordered the radiator, and here's the screenshot of a cached page to prove that. Also a screenshot of your current page to show the difference. There's nothing wrong with a business editing/changing their product description and policy, but don't say that it said "x" when I ordered when it actually said "y", and blame the improperly built radiator on me. That's dirty.

You also edited your policies page to read differently regarding the warranty of filler neck locations...

Current:

Cached:

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote