View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #58
66Z71

Re: '62 BBW SWB Highschool ride returns

We got a little done this weekend. Got the bed off the frame, killed a nest of wasps, and got the boy to pressure wash the chassis.

Now to finish cleaning it, and shoot some black on everything that doesn't shine

Found a rusted screw in one of the front tires, so I'll have to remember to take it off, and get it patched. Overall everything else looked good. Even found out the rear had a chrome cover on it. I've had the truck since I was in High School, but I put it on this chassis just about the same time my son was born (12 years ago). And I don't remember cleaning it well enough then to see the chrome. It will get some new bushings on the sway bars, and maybe A-arms but otherwise will just get a fresh coat of paint. The motor was a GM crate 350, and the tranny was rebuilt at the same time, as were all the brakes. It has been a dozen years, but the old girl hasn't seen very many miles.

Progress might slow a bit over the next month or so. We NEED to do some camping yet this summer. Just as long as its ready to run before the weather turns bad, I'll be happy.
"Always try to make the best part you can with the skills you have. If it isn't good enough throw it away and make another. Every time you make a part your skill will increase and you'll make a better part than you were capable of making before." Lil John Buttera
66Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote