View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 07:29 AM   #1050
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Condenser and fans are all buttoned up including wiring. Rather than making more mounting brackets to make side mounts, I managed to use the plastic slide-in tabs that came with the fans and top mount. They lined up with the condenser's top and bottom flanges. All I had to do was drill some new holes in the flanges.
Name:  IMG_9161.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  59.1 KB

I managed to maintain the 1/4" gap between the condenser fans and the back of the grill. From this perspective, it is hard to believe it actually fits behind the grill.
Name:  IMG_9169.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  62.8 KB

Decided to go through louvers with my refrigeration hoses. I removed one louver using my pneumatic body saw. I find that this tool is generally useless compared to my other more aggressive tools. If you are not in a hurry and you have a tough reach, it's the go to tool. Plenty of room below my overflow tank for the hoses and I'll protect the hoses by lining the hole with something I can slide over the metal edges and clip into place. I'll take a look at door seals off of a wreck. I experimented with a split rubber hose but it was not secure.
Name:  IMG_9164.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  45.8 KB
Name:  IMG_9166.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  46.0 KB
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote