View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 05:31 PM   #2534
btd71

Re: How about some pics of 67-72 Part II

i have a buddy that says i should leave it alone too, kinda keep it a "rat rod" style. it has a pretty nice 350 in it, not stock by any means, but the 3 speed on the floor is what i really dont care for. i have a 350 turbo that i bought from the guy i bought the truck from its built and was behind a big block in a pretty badass 85 cutlass he had, its got a 2800 stall, and with the 373 rear end should make a pretty sweet street rod. but the interior is pretty bad, no carpet, nasty old buckets out of something,no heater controls, but mechanically its a solid truck right now. i dont know, right now its just a dream in my head, ultimately it all boils down to how much do i want to spend? haha we definetly want a bench seat and all the window seals and interior stuff fixed it rattles like its gonna fall apart from the inside out, haha. we have never done a vehicle before, so kinda steering towards getting it mechanically how we want it first, then the interior is second. drum brakes all the way around suck as far as im concerned.so they gotta go. i will keep everyone posted on progress, it'll be slow going as i've never done one before so any help and input would be greatly appreciated!