View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 02:57 PM   #5
LT7A

Re: New to me '77 Silverado - Light blue original paint - 2 leaf springs!??

First off that is a very cool truck -- in any condition. I wouldn't be able to pass it up either. That blue looks good whether it's chalky and neglected or bright and shiny. Envy. And you may know this but the ochre color in the trim is a 1977 only occurrence. And it goes particularly well with that blue. Envy again.

2nd, you've received good input. Cut coils perform fine for many and some swear by them, but to go lower in front you'll need the dropped spindles -- several mfrs available and a search for spindles or dropped spindles should net a lot of background. The 2 leaves out back sounds hokey but it appears they did a clean job of it. A flip kit should put you in neighborhood you're looking for height-wise and get your load capacity back up but again, air-bags/shocks may be required to keep the necessary clearance to carry your motorcycle. Again, various mfrs, search helps. lRCC Western Chassis has some fans. My stuff is Bell-tech, well known name but also known for some clearance problems.

Welcome to square land and please consider making a build thread about whatever you decide to suspension-wise, etc. I'm sure I'm just one of many who'd enjoy seeing you make that little blue truck be the way you want it.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote