Thread: GPS - again
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 06:42 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Re: GPS - again

When I was doing home improvements under another company I kept the ADC map book for each county. I never had a problem finding an address.

http://www.adcmap.com/

The company I ordered seamless gutter for delivery from used those books. They would copy each page of the route with the route clearly marked with a fat magic marker. That worked flawlessly. They would not schedule a delivery without the address. "It's the first house, blue with white shutters, on the right at the stop sign with the red '55 Chevy in front of the garage" wasn't good enough. He just wanted the address and he would find that job using the map book. I'm pretty sure that is how all my siding deliveries were carried out as well. I never had a driver not be able to find the job and never had one late and lost. Before GPS I was unaware of any problems with finding a location I needed to find. I feel you gain a convenience and you lose a skill. Now you see people using these new technologies talking like they are a necessity. I guess I'm right.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-01-2020 at 06:50 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote