Thread: New C50 Owner
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 12:33 PM   #37
txagincali

Re: New C50 Owner

Yea the broker stories are nutty but I aren't unheard of obviously.

What town is it coming out of? I know you said it was 1300 miles away, but what I had to do when I shipped something out of WI to CA was I looked up local shipping companies in towns near to where the car was and found one that was relatively close. When I called them directly they let me know how many trucks they had and where they were planning on going over the next 30 days. One option they offered was they could pick up the car and bring it to their yard and hold onto it until a truck was scheduled to head my direction. That was going to be my choice until I got a call with Interstate that told me they were on the way to pick it up. Just odd timing.

If you do use UShip, I would recommend that you put up your truck's details and route, then instead of talking with a broker, search for shippers directly that are local to your area or to the pickup area and request that they bid on your move. 90% of them will likely decline, but a few may be willing now that the holidays are over.
1972 GMC K5 Blazer 4x4 (sporadically being worked on, accumulating parts)
txagincali is offline   Reply With Quote