Thread: New C50 Owner
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 02:29 PM   #50
STPETEBLUE

Re: New C50 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdirect View Post
I rebuilt my front brake cylinders, however I would not do it again as new cylinders are very cost effective. The new cylinders were from Rock Auto and appeared to be very good quality. Looks like your shoes are in great shape, might need to remove any oil residue with brake clean. I would also replace the master cylinder and refill with DOT 5 brake fluid. You would need to flush the system (I used brake clean) prior to converting to DOT 5.

My 2 cents.....
Haven't got the fronts off, yet. I'm a little nervous about trying to clean the shoes, but that is my last option. As soon as we are able to safely leave our houses, I am taking the shoes to Fleet Pride to see if they have a set, and the wheel seals to our local bearing house to see if they have a match. I have new rear wheel cylinders and new flex hoses, except for the one running from below the master cylinder to the frame mount.
Name:  H26960 Hose (maybe)_7053a.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  45.1 KB
I suspect I'll be able to find that one okay.
STPETEBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote