View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 10:42 PM   #156
SCOTI

Re: My 89 CC Dually: Double Wide

Progress!

All interior trim panels are the same color now. Dash has been dyed as well & is ready to be installed.

Came across an issue when I went to install the dash last week that put things on hold for a few days. It seems aftermarket 3.5" dash speakers were swapped in place by a previous owner. The tweeters were higher than the bottom of the original dash so the perforated holes were just cut out. It had a cheap dash cover so it wasn't obvious. When I went to put the dash in I realized the speakers wouldn't allow it to seat properly.

So I did some research & bought some parts... I have the correct dash speaker adapter brackets on the way. I'll use these to ensure the corners of the dash are supported properly & will flush mount some tweeters in an adapter plate. I purchased some kick panel speaker pods from board member Captkaos & will run some 6.5" mid-bass speakers in them. I also went ahead & purchased a new head unit that was satellite radio friendly & better matched the interior scheme (the previous receiver was silver face/bezel.... needed to be all black). I also got rear 6x9's for the cab corners & will be using bigblock73's speaker brackets once he gets his next batch in.

So I'll get the stereo receiver + dash speakers mounted & install the dash this weekend as I only want to put it in once to avoid scratching things up.

I did get the gauges all finished. I cleaned the individual gauge faces up & feel they look pretty decent (hell.... it looks brand new!). It's all OE appearing but w/a 7k tach set-up. I painted the internal housing & the back of the gauge surround panel bright white for better illumination while it was all apart as well as swapped in LED lighting. I purchased a new cluster lens from LMC along w/all new a/c vents.

Today, my buddy sent me a pic of the completed rear seat cushion. It looks very nice & matches the buckets well. He just has to complete the lean back next week (he's doing this on his days off from our 9-5 work). I'm still on the hunt for rear door panels as mine are scratched up more than I care for. I found some aftermarket units but would have to get all four doors (to match) so I will search for clean, used, OE rears a little longer before commiting.

I'm finishing up on a sectioned x-member for a board member while waiting for parts to arrive & then will return my focus to the interior assembly. I should have the inside buttoned up soon & will roll this thing outdoors for some decent pics.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 04-07-2015 at 10:51 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote