View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 12:35 PM   #4
GCncsuHD
Charlie Daniels w/ a Tq Wrench

Re: WTB 99-07 Chevy Silverado Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbstuff View Post
Will travel depending on deal... I have a 2003, so most parts are 03-07 only. I need the following:

Need both front fender flares. I want the smooth ones. 03-07

Steering column with radio controls in the steering wheel 03-07

Nice factory grille 03-07

Fog lights with wiring, switch and black bumper spoiler (under the bumper piece) 03-07

I may consider buying a parts truck, tahoe, suburban with the parts I need.

5 7 3 - 8 4 2 - 9 5 4 2
I don't have any parts to offer but might be a help.

As far as fender flares, the 03-07 fronts do carry a different part number than the 99-01, but they interchange. I had factory takeoff flares (smooth-white painted) from an 05 model on my 01. They were a direct fit, followed the contour of the fender perfectly. It may broaden your search. Comparing my stock black textured 01s to the 05s smooth white painted, I found no differences to mounting or shape.

If you are wishing to add the steering wheel controls to your truck that does not have them, you do not need the entire steering column. You need the wheel and the clockspring. Be wary of buying a used complete column or a used clockspring though, it has a limit to how many "spins" in either direction. If it is spun too many times in one direction it will break the clockspring. If the column is loose from the truck it very easily could have been spun over to the limit. The only good way to buy a used clockspring is if you remove it yourself-remove the steering wheel (hopefully while all steering is still connected so you know it hasn't been rotated), pull the clockspring and put a piece of tape through it to hold it in position then disconnect everything (probably 20 connectors in the column and under the dash). When you buy a new clockspring they have tabs in them to hold it in position until installed so it doesn't get damaged as described above. Also, of course the truck will need to be programmed at the dealer to accept the steering wheel controls. If you have any questions about the swap feel free to ask, I did the swap in my 03.
78 K30 Dually Semi-Retired Fire Truck 350/SM465 35"s
SOLD01 2500HD ECSB 6.0 4x4 5.13's 8" lift 38"s
GCncsuHD is offline   Reply With Quote