Thread: 47-55.1 55.1 S10 swap Gypsum
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 01:06 AM   #62
joedoh

Re: 55.1 S10 swap Gypsum

back on the 54, got it hung and the shackle mount channel trimmed. I also took out the bottom bolts for the factory 60/40 seat in this truck.

spooky halloween suspended cab OOooOOOoOOOooOOooo

the upper bushings were wasted and since the 4 cyl springs will act like 1" drop springs with the weight of an engine, I went ahead and installed drop spindles while I replaced the uppers.

you can see the broken sway bar end link, thats the least of the problems I uncovered, it desperately needs a center link and idler arm. lower balljoints and tie rods seem ok though. I put the front end together and got distracted with a steel pickup

I have never seen this truck on the overloads and I have had a LOT of stuff on here occasionally. the laser part price was 33% higher and I guess it was all the extra steel. well and the 50% more inches of cut too.

but here it all is, my new bolt on kit. it is infinitely adjustable between just over 2 and just under 6 inches off the frame and honestly, you could drill some more holes for 7-8" tall. its really easy to install, I will show pictures of it going together (I need instructional pics anyway)

I visited my proturning friend jack today too, if you have seen a mecum auction in the last 10 years you have seen jacks cars/trucks. i need his permission to post pictures of his new shop but its the ford dealer from the 50s in the small town he lives. so much cool stuff being built, a 32 ford roadster, a couple 56 chevy trucks, a couple ads, a 57 with an art morrison chassis, some vws, on and on and on. he has a 76 suburban with like 40k miles on it, a shoebox. i definitely feel like a rock pounder to his stuff but hey, we all like what we like.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote