View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 03:33 AM   #1
Flatlandsurfer

"Project Street Coupe" New and Improved!

The Build: 1991 GMC Sierra "Street Coupe" Edition (Square Body)

Hello everyone. You're probably wondering "How can you build a 1991 square body regular cab short box truck?" Well, it's open to a lot of interpretation on my part but, imagine you could walk into a GM dealership in 1990 and order a brand new regular cab short box truck. It's not too far fetched! They still made the Crews and Blazer/Jimmy a square body yet. And to take it one step further, they would offer a "Street Coupe" edition for that final year. For those unfamiliar with the Street Coupe, it was an edition that GM put out in the late 70's till 1981. I have always loved those trucks, so my plan is to recreate one based on 1991 options. I am starting with a 1984 Canadian built GMC Sierra Classic. Originally owned from new by my neighbor, then sold to another neighbor, then sold to me in 2012. All owners since new living only 2 miles apart. This will be a complete frame-off restoration, with the final truck an interpretation of a 1991 Street Coupe. I have started this thread to share with everyone this process that has been in the works for many years. It's going to be a slow process, but I'm hoping to receive a lot of advice from so many of you with decades more experience than I. And so it begins... Here are some pics of what started "Project Street Coupe"
Attached Images

1991 Suburban 2500 454
1993 Sierra Ext. SWB 6.2
2012 Silverado Crew Dirtymax!
Flatlandsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote