Thread: My 86 build
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 10:34 PM   #43
TKCR

Re: My 86 build

Seatbelt changes. When I got my seatbelts from seatbeltstore.com, I wanted my belts and the plastic housing to be charcoal and of course it needed to match my interior. A lot of the aftermarket belts out there will have the colored belts, but have the black plastic housing. So after looking at several websites and all the different variations, I found belts to match. Well there was one drawback, the belt buckles were a generic plastic push button and NOT the GM Metal Buckle. I did find some GM Decals to put on the push button.
So fast forward. I really wanted to have the Metal GM Buckle but didn't want to have to spend money on a new set of belts. So I called seatbeltstore.com and told them of my situation. They said I could get the GM Metal Buckle Lap belts, and they come in the same color that I already have. I can send my retractors back to them and they will put new tongues on so they will be able to buckle together with the new GM buckles. The tongue on my current retractors are a different size tongue and would not work with the Lap Belts. And the best part, they aren't going to charge me for this service.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote