View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 02:22 PM   #1
phlegm
Still Green but learning

Increase towing capacity 72 Blazer

Hi guys, I have a line on a blazer that is already off the frame and in pieces. Lots of talking yet to do around whats there and whats not, etc... but its from somebody I trust so that will work itself out. Its a 350 with a TH350 automatic and AC Cab

I have a question, this is a 4x4 blazer and I think (but not sure) those are leaf springs all around. If I were to go to a 5 leaf setup in the rear would that increase my towing capacity? And if so to around how much? I have read through the different threads on here and see a lot of NO NEVER DO IT posts, but i havent seen anything that addresses beefing up the suspension. ** looks like it may be 5 leaves stock, not sure**

I have a 5000lb boat thats 24ft, but it has a long tongue and is on a tandem axel. I would like to get the Blazer to the point that i could put it in, take it out and tow it around town. I expect to move near a lake soon, so the only long distance tow would be 3 hrs to the new house and I could borrow a truck for that, and even if I have to use the blazer I would use a weight distribution hitch if I had to go any distance behind a short base like that. This would let me have a cool blazer and get my wife out of the big ole suburban now that the kids are driving and leaving us.
2010 Acura TL
98 Mastercraft "FrankenStar" 225
27253 UPS/USPS

IIOY....nope never was

Last edited by phlegm; 05-10-2020 at 03:21 PM.
phlegm is offline   Reply With Quote