View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #9
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

***DISCLAIMER: This house overall is in VERY GOOD condition. Almost everything I've done has been cosmetic. For some crazy reason my camera took a lot of "Fun House" looking photos where doorways, walls, windows, etc all look wavy and crooked. This is not the case. It is the camera. No idea why it did that, but the house is very straight and level. It's off a hair here and there, but all houses are.

Enjoy the following

I guess the easiest way to do this is to go room by room...

Living Room!

This room is about 14x15.

1, 2, & 3. What I started with. This was only 1 of 2 rooms in the entire house that had all 4 walls painted the same color. Every other room was "two toned" where 2 walls were painted one color and the other 2 were a different color. I guess that used to be popular, but I'm not a fan of it.

4. Carpet out. The house had squeaky floors and I had my suspicions as to why and I was proven correct when I pulled the rugs. The floor was put down using liquid nails with only about 10 nails per board. That's fine when a house is new, but over time the bond loosens and you get squeaky floors. My solution was 3 boxes of decking screws (for the entire house). Seems to have worked well. It was very time consuming though! And it takes one heck of a toll on your knees!!! This room is now squeak free.

5. You can't really tell, but the ceiling has one coat of primer and 2 coats of paint. The walls are primed as well. Even though the pink was a light color it still took 2 coats of primer to cover it.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 10-13-2009 at 07:05 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote