View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 01:08 AM   #12
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Birth of a Cummins Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon 400 View Post
Dieselwrencher - Thank you for the information and suggestions, I appreciate the support and lack of conflict from the people of this board. I use to an active member of other popular gm boards, and just became tired of all the things going on among people.

I'm hoping for at least 20 mpg with 35's and 3.73's.

I didn't know that allison use the same program for for many vehicles, I have EFI Live so that shouldn't be a problem as long as my friend can reflash the factory computer to using tps signal, if not then it may be time for an aftermarket solution.

The motor came out of an 83 c30 so it carries an Chevy bell housing adapter, yes it's tilted, only 6 bolts go in since there are no provisions for the new 7th bolt, and the weak wave spacer is required to bolt the torque converter on. I don't mean to knock destroked as they have invested the time ad effort in developing custom adapters but $3500+ is a good amount of change, if this were a new truck then I would not even think twice about that route.
That should be obtainable pretty easily. I know a lot of first gen dodge guys that have 3:55's and 32's or 33's that get over 21 all day every day. Those VE engines get the best mileage out of the 6B family. It looks like yo have half of your work done for you. You should be able to reuse those engine mounts, and leave the turbo and exhaust manifold like it is and be able to clear your heater box. When I tried putting my HX35W on mine, the exhaust housing was hitting the heater box, so I used an industrial manifold and it works fine. This should be a cool combo. Keep the pics coming!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote