View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 12:15 PM   #50
jocko

Re: My truck got hit yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
None of those companies (to my knowledge) will cover my truck as a daily driver. That is the problem with them.
That is my experience also. The two options nowadays seem to be either full coverage with limited mileage -or- just basic liability. Very frustrating - because these old truck last forever, and we like them, and some prefer to have them as a daily driver WITH full coverage - because generally speaking, we have more $ sunk into a dd truck than the blue book value would indicate. Having said that, Grundy was fairly easy to work - and my preference for coverage is an agreed value policy. But they are limited mileage as mentioned. Quite the dilemma.

Very interested to hear what USAA comes back with on their research - but it isn't rocket science. In the end, they have to choose to stand by a customer or choose in favor of the bottom line. Most choose the bottom line. Having said that, my experience is that they are a good company, I've been with them for about 30 years, but my allegiance hasn't been put to the test as in this case. My very few claims haven't been older than a 2001 truck. Watching closely... Good luck.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote