View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #90
67chevy1series

Re: 65 dodge d100 crew cab AKA ''she wants the D''

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
any plans on how you are gonna do the rails yet
Well so far I'm thinking of getting some hefty eyelet bolts and putting them through the steering output shaft holes on the LH and RH side and then putting a come along in there and heating up the areas I want to bend while slowly ever so slowly cranking the come along and once there where I need them I'll weld the spilces I cut on the top and bottom portion of the "c" channel frame and then weld gussets over those areas and then once it cools I'll let the come along loose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Wow it looks like a truck....lookin good
Yeah it's looking like something worthy to be built now! Haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsriv2 View Post
Good looking truck. Did you pick that one up in Merced? There were many good yards back in the '90's when I was stationed up in Atwater. Picked up a really nice '69 Buick Riviera there.
Your correct! Picked it up off of childs. Have you seen my truck in person before? That would be cool to know how long it's sat in the field, I'm assuming it's been there for 15 years at least.

Well I have good news and bad news.... Good news is I found a "new" drivers side front door in original white patina paint in very nice shape! My new found dodge friend also has a gazillion other parts for my truck.. Bad news is he's in Washington state, and although his prices are fair, they are really high compared to what I'm used to dealing with. I've been skating by getting really lucky in the deals I've been coming across for parts but that is going to be short lived very sadly... The other bad news is I found out some other parts that guy took off my truck the day before I picked it up to bring it home... Also found out that they are crewcab specific parts and they are unbelievealby exspensive for what they are.. So now I have to track those down as well... But nonetheless I managed to buy some parts from a guy in Minnesota, I got 2 61-66 exterior door handles and a drivers side door latch for $70 shipped! Lucked out there that brings the total of this truck (not including gas, cleaning supplies and tools bought for it) to $1,193, not bad considering I have the CV suspension added in there. I'm going to go back to the guy I got the hood and other parts from and try to buy left/right side door glass. Thinking of asking if he will trade his dash for the dash that I picked up, since his already has the lever shift hole and the lever shift stuff in it, but probably end up just buying his dash. And as for actual progress on the truck I managed to install a door latch and handle into the rear passenger door and now it's shuts and stays shut and opens with the handle! Nice to see something actually functioning semi properly besides the hood. I've made a list of internal door parts I need to get them complete and the passenger side looks to be pretty easy to get complete. Waiting on getting some things I need before starting the frame work.
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote