View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 01:40 PM   #123
SCOTI

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
i just checked, they are 2600 series.
Thank you for doing this. I understand alot more now and i really get what you were talking about in the ride height vs other.
Surprise, this is my first air bag install. I really like the idea, been in air bag truck and loved it, and so here I go. lol.
Damn, i need to come visit you and buy you and your significant other one hell of a dinner and drinks! I really appreciate your time!!
Anyone reading this that is somewhat new to this site, this is what you can expect from not just Scoti, but there are others who will help you with things you never even knew about.
God Bless you my friend.
Im more excited now than ever to get back out there and work on it now. lol
Again.... No problem.

To be honest, it gets even more confusing because all bags are not created equal. Some bags are inherently 'stiffer' vs. others. Some have bump stops where others don't. Some require fitting adapters vs. threading the fitting directly in place (less chances for air leaks).

I went back & looked @ your set-up again. I missed that you do have lowering blocks as it's assembled now. You definitely will need to scrutinize the set-up if it doesn't ride to your satisfaction @ the height you desire. I recall mine only needed ~25psi for my desired ride height. At that pressure, it did not ride smooth & was overworking the shocks. Once it was around 40psi, the ride was much better/smoother but then the rear was prob ~2" higher than what I wanted (to match the static front drop).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 04-14-2020 at 01:46 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote