View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 02:03 PM   #124
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Again.... No problem.

To be honest, it gets even more confusing because all bags are not created equal. Some bags are inherently 'stiffer' vs. others. Some have bump stops where others don't. Some require fitting adapters vs. threading the fitting directly in place (less chances for air leaks).

I went back & looked @ your set-up again. I missed that you do have lowering blocks as it's assembled now. You definitely will need to scrutinize the set-up if it doesn't ride to your satisfaction @ the height you desire. I recall mine only needed ~25psi for my desired ride height. At that pressure, it did not ride smooth & was overworking the shocks. Once it was around 40psi, the ride was much better/smoother but then the rear was prob ~2" higher than what I wanted (to match the static front drop).
I just measured and if the bags are at 5" height, that puts the top of the axle tube at the bottom of the frame approx. So this may not be bad, but only time will tell. At least now i know what i will need to do to get it where i want it.
I can adjust all for bags independently. I really wanted this ability, not that is matters much, but i like the idea.
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote