View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 02:38 PM   #48
93M6Formula

Re: 1982 K10 6.2 Diesel build

Been slacking on updating i'll post where i'm at now.

Got rid of the crusty old box first, somehow the bolts all came loose but started spinning due to the rotted crossmembers. Once that was off, I started getting the lift blocks in the rear.

https://imgur.com/SaaZHLf

Of course had to break out the torch for the eyelet bolts. the rears weren't too bad but the front hangers had mud packed in them for YEARS so the nut and bolt end were nearly non existent, luckily the hanger was still halfway decent.

I have never see a set of springs so worn out and sketchy before I got this truck... rear sets were all cracked and one stack was missing half a leaf. front springs were absolutely sagged out too.

Once I got the blocks in and the low mile used springs I aquired, i learned something new... These were 56" springs from a 2WD so with the hangers on my truck meant for 52" springs, I had a problem...

I didn't take any pics but luckily, GM was generous to provide the holes in the frame for 52 and 56" springs so all I had to do was move the rear hanger back to that position.

Once that was sorted out I installed my 2" lift springs from ORD. This was much easier and required no torch and only 2 hours of my time.

After the lift install, I had to tackle the mouse problem. I didn't take a ton of pics but I gutted the interior and pulled the entire HVAC system to do some disinfecting. Of course I found nests in about every orifice. I pulled apart the heater box and vents and scrubbed every inch with bleach/soap water and replaced the heater core. fixed a few vacuum lines that mice chewed up and put it back together and it functions perfectly and smells 10x better...

1995 GMC K2500 ECLB 6.5L 4L80E
1996 GMC K3500 CCLB LB7 6L90
93M6Formula is offline   Reply With Quote