Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 12:45 AM   #422
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech85 View Post
I would recommend when replacing the metal booster line to use a rubber hose designed for vaccum booster applicaitions and not fuel hose. Got mine at O'reilly's. They didn't know what I was talking about but fianally found a part number and ordered one.
I just had a similar experience at AutoZone. The young man was very helpful and took me to the back where they cut the hoses from large spools. He looked up at the rack in front of him and said we have Fuel Lines, Transmission Lines and Vacuum Hoses. I looked up at the rack and sure as sh!t it said on there, Fuel Lines, Transmission Lines, and Vacuum Hoses, LOL.

Then he hands me a 3/8ths transmission line and I feels it and it feels just too soft, so we move on and he says here this is what you need and hands me a Low Emission Fuel Injection line.

I remind him that what I need is a 3/8 vacuum hose for the brake booster, a line that will not collapse.

I ended up buying 3 feet of that Cadna 50088 fuel injection line. I'm no Hose Scientist or nothing but I recon a fuel injection line is more stronger than a regular fuel line, at least it feel strong and stiff

FYI, there is absolutely no writing of any kind on my old brake booster hose line to give me any clues as to what to look for in a line.

Last edited by Gregski; 01-30-2015 at 12:50 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote