View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 01:18 PM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Re: Period Correct Accessaries for your truck...

You have an eye for those accessories. My old '71 Custom Camper I did period correct with aluminum slots, white tonneau cover when camper is off, etc. It went on to the camper itself, which had been mated to the truck since new. I had all the cushions reupholstered in a fabric lose to original as I could get. I had a Keep On Campin' door mat, road runner levelers, bar bouys mounted, collected enameled magnets-only as souveneirs, The old duck hunter/fisherman curtains were dry-rotted so made some plaid ones that looked right. I bought up any old stock camper stuff like paper towel, magazine holder with a bronzetone hammered finish, lights, and fans, to cup holders, you name it.

My '72 K2500 came with some era goodies like cargo hooks and Bartens bumper. Also has the auxiliary tanks and drop down slide out spare carrier. It's now lifted a few inches and has 8" wide steel wheels, finned aluminum differential covers, Selectro hubs, and finned aluminum valve covers. It has worn Hurricane style, aluminum slots, and wide steel from the period
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote