View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #79
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Got the four short boards cut to length and the edges trimmed, then feather-edged the seam where I had to glue the filler strip in. Skim coated the edges and sanded them smooth so they're ready for primer.

Also got some paint mixed up for the engine. I found a spot of original paint on one of the valve cover hold downs and took it to a local paint shop to get it matched. It's a little brighter than what's on the hold down so I may add a little black paint to darken it some.

I've been researching hop-up parts for the 250 and it seems like Brazil is the place to go if you want a hot six. I'm thinking about a set of triple two barrel webers for it, billet rods and pistons, cylinder head work, 13:1-ish CR and a big cam on E85, a tuned header, and get everything balanced. I can't find anybody that makes the intakes to mount the weber carbs though. Crower makes a few different cams and billet steel rods for it, and pistons wouldn't be hard to find.

This guy is running a 250 in his Chevy Opala and it runs mid 11's in the 1/4 mile.

Last edited by theastronaut; 12-07-2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Fix dead pic links
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote