View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #86
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
true dat, haha...maybe one day when my truck makes its way to SC, we can meet up....

those notches look great smoothed up & painted...hope the engine works out for ya
Thanks! I checked out your '66, I love me some black/white custom cabs! Awesome truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Pickup View Post
Great project, love the 6 plan. That Opala completely rocks, hope you get your six to that level, I'll definitely watch with interest.
I finally found the build specs for his engine, he's running 15.5:1 CR on methanol! I'm thinking around 13:1 with E85 should be doable and 105 octane E85 is pretty easy to find around here. Compression that high would help out with bottom end torque with a bigger cam so it would still be streetable. Just wanting something different than than a small block, everybody has those.

Got a little bit done this afternoon, worked in the yard most of the day. Flipped the frame up on its side so I could drill the bottom holes for the C notches and bag mounts. Man I hate drilling holes in steel this thick!

Here's a mini tech tip. Put some wide tape over the part that you will be mounting (bags in my case), and mark where the holes are. Then transfer the tape and use the markings as a template to drill your holes. You can center punch the part while the tape is on there too, and I was able to peel the tape off and use it again for the other side.

Center punched:

And here's what the notches looked like once the paint dried, its a fairly close match to the frame.

Last edited by theastronaut; 12-07-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Fix dead pic links
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote