View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 07:38 PM   #51
SCOTI

Re: Bagged 66 swb stepside project: Major Chip Hazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by T/C View Post
I considered it but it covers up my bag bolts and air lines

The bag brackets tie in to the rear truss crossmember the tube in the middle was just cause it looked cool to me honestly.

I’m assuming you are suggesting it because triangulating is always stronger correct?

I feel there is not much going to be gained there with it though (could be wrong) but a majority of the bag trusses i have seen have a significantly less amount of cross support then i added.

I am by all means open to conversation and suggestions before welding any of the tube or brackets permanently though.
I think you're fine as is. But if you're going to tweak it, what about repeating what you did w/the forward portion of the step-notch? Maybe just add 2 45° bars from the center & run them down to the tie-in point of the OE/horizontal frame rail sections (for a general descript of the area I'm talking about) @ the back side of the step notch.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 04-11-2019 at 07:45 PM.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote