View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 11:52 PM   #1008
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: post up your camping pics

I got a few of the pics my nephew Martin took from the weekend.

Jaws 1 up close. It’s hard to tell what’s so tough about it from this close up, but the oil spillage on the rock is a clue.

This is the section we thought was Jaws 1. Mainly for the large fin sticking up in the center of the trail in front of my driver’s side tire. Just below here was where 3 other hikers vehicles were parked as they must have felt it was too much to climb further. Admittedly, it was sketchy. You can’t tell how steep this section was it was pretty steep, loose and the added bonus of the sheer drop to the passenger side.

More from the same section.

Coming back down.

We all had a pretty good weekend overall. I cooked breakfast for the group early and we boogied down the rest of the mountain and went to the town of Blanca for fuel and to air up. I had previously found a short cut to avoid coming back over La Veta Pass and having to drive all the way to Walsenburg and then home. We took it and rolled into the driveway by noon and unpacked the truck. No issues other than a couple of puncture wounds on the passenger side of the camper where the Junipers got a little too tight.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote