View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 11:56 AM   #202
jeffahart

Re: Spring Swap Thread - 1963 K15

Nice work, you keep busy! I was wondering, why so many leafs. I thought the new 7.4s are about the same weight as the old (all iron everything) SBC. So all you got extra is the winch. I'm running 120 lbs of winch and am running crapjacker softrides. The're not too bad now that the winch has compressed them! Now that I've opened my mouth I'll probably break a leaf. I better run out there and take a look if one ain't already cracked!

Also, I've been meaning to ask. On your hydraulic winch install, how is the Power Steering pump flow control valve mod working. How is your steering on highway at speed. Did you get a stock replacement pump for your year or is it later model with more pressure? I thought about posting the question on the winch post, but since you are active on this thread I decided to do some hijacking. I'm in the middle of a hydroboost install and I really had a disaster(I am ashamed, long story) and now need to pull my pump(a filthy job on my truck) and I'm just going to replace it while it's out. I am thinking of doing the mod(2 1/4" spring stretch, 5/16" ream and remove any washers).

Thanks!