View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 09:14 PM   #6
ShortbedClayton

Smile Re: 1972 Chevy Crew Cab “Denali”

Haven’t really started any major modifications quite yet. After a quick water pump fix the burb was running and driving under its own power. Immediately park it in the shop to begin tearing it down. Removed both passenger side doors and starting removing all the rust. Installed new front support and a floor section. Bottom of the A piller was kinda bad shape so replaced a piece of that. After fourtty some years of life on the road you wouldn’t believe how much debris gets packed down inside the cowl Pannel. Spent a few hours cleaning that out. Moved to the B piller and started working some new metal in there. Made sure to throw a brace in there as I didn’t wanna loose any shape... that’s about all the farther I’ve went to this point. But I figured it would be in my advantage to fix most of the rot and rust before starting to really form the crew cab. In the mean time I’ve slowly been collecting parts for this build. When I’m done with this project I want to get as many factory options so that’s what I been searching for the last few months. My doner truck for the rear cab section is an old abandoned project of mine but long story short it’s a 1970 C10 CST. Loaded up with a few good options... but the windshield area was too far gone so she will serve great purpose in the crew cab... Don’t wanna drag this out to long but what I’ve got so far for parts is a solid drivers door for the fourth door, factory tach dash with wiring harness, the AC parts will be from the doner truck and a few weeks ago I scored my personal favorite 1972 “extreme” bend tow hooks!!
Attached Images

ShortbedClayton is offline   Reply With Quote