Thread: 327 pictures
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 09:11 PM   #28
jocko

Re: 327 pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_dan View Post
Looks like V0316YV
Checked the VIN on door and spid. Looking good for originality!
FWIW, if you're referring to engine originality in your comment - it's worth noting that none of us can prove engine originality with certainty in this era of trucks with a VIN, SPID, or engine suffix code (unless one is THE original owner and knows it for a fact) - we can only decode after the fact that a particular engine "could have been original." VINs only tell us if a truck was originally equipped with a V8 or I6 - and SPID RPOs only highlight if an 'optional' engine in either of those categories was installed originally. Having said all that - because I don't completely trust all the decoding material floating around out there to be gospel, I'm inclined to agree with you that the engine is likely original - but I do show that VO316YV decodes to a 16 March Flint-built 68 327 for a C10 with a manual trans (whereas the SPID shows it was originally an automatic trans truck). I'd say it's too much of a coincidence to NOT be the original engine - but you just never know in this era before partial VINs were stamped on the engines.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote