View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
darguy

'72 Chevy K-20 Frankentruck

Hello Folks! This is my first post on the forum. After searching for a zillion years I found the right truck for me last January. My Old Man had a '68 GMC Suburban (black on red, 396/TH400, factory tach) when I was a little kid. It was his daily driver & our family camping vessel. My Wife & I had been planning (now executed) a move to a remote island off the northern coast of BC for several years, and I was going to need a 4x4 pickup. So, I wanted to pay homage to my Dad & get something in that vintage.

I was limiting the search to black or white '68 GM K2500s initially, but never found the right truck. Several years went by, and the prices started to climb significantly for solid trucks. So, I expanded my search to 71-72 with disk brakes & modern bolt patterns, and Chevys. Still nothing appropriate for an island truck - until I found 'Frank'. A '72 Chevy C20 body on a '93 K20 chassis & powertrain project truck that was drivable but "needs completion", suitably rough around the edges for real use and well within my budget. Oh, I'm a mechanic with a lot of electrical experience so a project of this type - with all the serious grunt work done is well within my wheelhouse.

I'll update this with what's been done, plans & questions - but thought it was time to join the community instead of lurking in the background!

Cheers!

Last edited by darguy; 11-08-2020 at 10:20 PM.
darguy is offline   Reply With Quote