View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 03:00 AM   #110
72truckman

Re: 1972 Blazer 5.3 E85/ NV4500 5spd 4x4 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers05 View Post
I am thinking that your birthday is coming up, 16 I believe, what a ride!!!! What a deal, I am jealous
I wish i had been drivin it at 16.. im turning 18 next month haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
So what did you end up doing with the pedal?
Long story short: Hooked the electronics up to a gm code reader and found out that while my engine is 2006, all electronics are 2004. i guess the guy i bought the setup from did this so i could utilize the steel petal.

So once i found the year discrepancy out, i was able to diagnose the problem more specifically.

The crazy part is that one day after a good long charge and a trouble code clearing, all problems went away and everything started working perfectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72jimmy4x4 View Post
What are the seats out of? They look killer and the fit looks good.
2004 Chevy Silverado, but i modified the frame by cutting off the back about 2.5" off the sliding track in order to make them go back farther in the truck. im 6'4" and they are perfect w/o a tilt column... yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyOne View Post
Nice looking build! Just read through it all - pretty impressive stuff. I'm local too (Castro Valley) and am looking for a good media blaster. What was the company called in Livermore that did your frame?

I like the wheels too - bought the same set a couple weeks ago ...while reading through your thread I thought "Wait a minute...he's got the same wheels I do!" Great minds thing alike

Anyways, hope to see you around the east bay sometime.
The company is MAAS BROTHERS POWDER COATING. They do excellent work.

I just saw your build thread the other day and when i saw the wheels i had to double take- the same wheels, on the same truck, from the same model year, being built at the same time, probably 10 miles away from eachother? Trying to show when Pleasanton rolls around or what?

****SOLD!!!!!**** 1965 GMC 4X4
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=294727

Last edited by 72truckman; 02-23-2010 at 03:02 AM.
72truckman is offline   Reply With Quote