Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #159
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

I still haven't figured out the multi reply so doing it manually.

Mjenson
>>>Well that sucks about the latest issues. I agree, that the upholstery guy should have notified you about the issues. <<<

Thanks, still waiting for a reply from the seat cover vendor, I emailed with some pic's, then he asked if i could get some better pic's last weekend so i did and sent them to him.

Vintage Windmills
>>>Good luck with the shocks. Mine don't fit well either. I agree, the upholstery guy should have called, that's lame. I did a seatcover install myself- not too hard. If you can rebuild the hubs and install a disc setup on a HO52 you can install a seat cover! <<<

I originally thought I'd install my own cover but i didn't want to throw away $200 for the cost of the cover by making a mistake, and as it turned out thats what i'm gonna be throwing away when i replace this cover, but this time its the uhpolstery guys labor.. Go figure.

When you say your shocks don't fit well can you elaborate? do you only have 4.5" of travel? can you put a tape measure in them and let me know?

jaros44sr
>>>Sorry to read about your set backs, but your truck still looks great overall. These things always pop up during renovation, just the way it is....

On another note, i was curious how long you have to soak the rusty part in muriatic solution, seems like in your thread you just brushed it on. Any thoughts or advice?

Oh BTW, congrats on working for the same company for 25 years, rare feat in todays economy<<<

Yea i don't get overly stressed by the setbacks, i just step away for a while but i always come back and i won't give up.

Thanks for the comp on the 25 year thing, yes that seems to be the trend, i feel its the constant breakdown of the middle class, NAFTA and all our bought off politicians taking bribes from the rich elitists who want to run the world. But thats another forum altogether

Per the Muratic acid, most all the surface rust was gone in about 20 minutes but i had some areas that were a bit thick, i had to scrub the thick places with a wire brush to try and speed up the process (had to get to work) but for the most part the acid did the work by it self, i just kept on brushing it on. JUST STAY DOWN WIND!!! What i did was brush on, then hose it off and dry then asap, then wipe down with some acetone and prime.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote