View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 07:17 PM   #109
theastronaut

Re: 1940 Packard 120 Convertible Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
Thank you, been looking for more updates on this one. You have some SKILLS. How long have you been in the restoration business?
I grew up in it, dad did street rod upholstery for years and our house was beside the business so I was always in the shop as a kid. He got away from interior work when I was about 10 and started doing auto glass replacement but I was already interested in working on old cars by then. He helped me buy my first car when I was 8 years old ('66 VW Bug) and we started rebuilding it when I was around 11 years old. We had the chassis rolling by time I was 14-15 but had a really bad deal with a body/paint guy so it just sat after that. I always wanted to learn how to do everything myself so when I graduated in '05 I started Auto Body classes at Greenville Tech.

As far as working on other people's cars, I started restoring the '65 C10 in my signature back in '06 while I was still going to tech. It was a huge learning experience, taking the basics from Tech and applying them to a beat up truck. It's been almost ten years and I'm still learning from working on beat up old trucks...
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote