View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 02:54 AM   #8
mrein3

Re: Heater Fan- Reg heater vs AC Heater

To start with, you need to plug the 3-wire female plug with yellow, light blue and dark blue wires into the 3-pronged male resistor block on the heater behind the glove box.

That should help you start putting the puzzel back together. With the diagram posted by haysonj you should be able to trace all the wires and plug them into the right places...
that is of course if the previous owner (PO) left all the duct work and controls in place.

The 2 gray wires going into the one female connector in the picture just to the right of the connector I circled is probably the wire that goes to the light that lights up the heater controller. If not it probably goes to another instrument light of some kind. Gray behind the dash us usually instrument lights.

The two-wire female connector with green and black wires that is between the circled connector and the gray instrument light connector looks like the plug that plugs into the compressor under the hood. If your AC isn't charged up under the hood, just tape this one off and start planning on restoring your AC system.

When I got my AC style heater fan to work properly, the switch and connector behind the switch on the control panel was melted. When I started scouting junk yards all the ones I found there were melted. I ordered a new switch and connector from a supplier, re-did all the wire ends, and got it all freshened up.

You don't need the AC stuff hooked up under the hood for the heater part of your system to work. You do need all the wires and all the ducts however.

Looking at what I can see from your pictures, I'd say you're lucky. At least the PO didn't cut all the wires.
Attached Images

Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote