View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #85
Curt's_72

Re: Curt's '72 K20 Resto-mod

Got the Highliner headliner installed. It fit very well. There are a few threads concerning these. We'll see just how the sound is since the speakers are overhead.

It will give me a place to stash small stuff, too. I never liked always having things just laying on the seat. There's a cover with a compartment that fits in the center, that can also house a stereo.

I used the same SEM Super White paint as the defroster vents. The quality is excellent of their product.

We held it up in place and used it as a template to locate the holes. It isn't heavy, just awkward.
After drilling the holes, I located a spot on the passenger side and drilled a 3/8" hole to run the speaker wires. I didn't want to run them under the lip of the door gaskets.

Name:  P1030670.jpg
Views: 2306
Size:  42.0 KB

A thick piece of foam was included which we taped to the top before we installed it.

Name:  P1030671.jpg
Views: 3295
Size:  41.3 KB

Thick blocks of foam were included to put behind the the speakers.
The hardest part was locating the visor clips.

Name:  P1030674.jpg
Views: 2273
Size:  49.4 KB

Look Ma! No wires!

Name:  P1030679.jpg
Views: 3045
Size:  39.2 KB

I chose to use Alpine speakers, not knowing the quality of the the ones provided. I was hoping that the Alpines would have had grill covers with them, but they didn't. I had to use the ones that came with the Highliner.

Name:  P1030683.jpg
Views: 2277
Size:  40.2 KB

I like the look, fit and quality of this. I would recommend one to anybody wanting a different option on speaker locations.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=494493
Curt's_72 is offline   Reply With Quote