View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
bguild

Re: Project "Edna Marie"

As you can see the truck is rusty but it does not have a ton of rot through. The rust is from sitting in a barn after sandblasting. The truck has most of what I wanted there. The frame is pretty good and the cab is a good start. The most important thing before starting this project is getting a title. I did not want to do anything to this until getting a title. I made about 20 calls to the Vin inspection office in KS and thought I had it all figured out. I ended up loading it up and taking it to the vin inspection office. Well come to find out I couldnt pass the vin inspection due to it not being a complete truck. I needed all the sheetmetal. This wasnt a lost trip though. They did run the vin and check things out and all checked out okay. They said all I needed was the sheetmetal and I could pass. I then made a call back to Cheeseman becaue I saw he had a ton of parts he was trying to get rid of. He ended up having all the front end parts and doors. He ended up selling all the parts for 200 bucks. I now had 550 bucks in this truck plus gas money. The bad is that I had a ton of parts and the garage was getting cluttered again. I was hoping I wouldnt have to deal with all of this. Anyway instead of selling it I told myself to be patient and I would get the title for it.

Toys:
2014 Dodge Ram
1967 SHORTBED
bguild is offline   Reply With Quote