View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 02:35 AM   #22
joedoh

Re: Why Does Everything Take So Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post
In my journey I separated the idea of "finished" with "driveable." Most of the decisions made were to get to driveable as soon as possible. It was far easier to enjoy the project when I could say take the truck out of commission for two weeks to add new gauges or a proper bed or wheel spacers or something then be back on the road until the next project.
I have heard this somewhere.... you did great on the follow-through though. 9 of 10 projects in the project section never get completed, yours did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
Brought my '57 into the shop in May '96 to change the clutch. The disc was ordered but shipping was going to delay arrival for a few days. Ok, so I'll bring my tie rod ends to the machine shop and have them build the 1" tie rod I want. "Hmm... gonna be a "few days" (week minimum) before I can get to that." Ok, so I'll replace the driver's side step. Panel wasn't formed correctly so had to order another. Might as well do the RH side at the same time. I didn't know it at the time but that was the start of the avalanche. When I drove the truck again it was December '98.
oh man. I used to do that too. now I write down everything i want and dont deviate from it. part of my work-a-day job is requirements development and how requirements say what something is, not what it isnt and not what it could be. I slip on time, but only because of other demands, like this week I did a timing belt, valve adjustment, motor mount, VCM solenoid, and power steering pump on the wifes hounda. and also looked at several potential projects. gotta keep that hopper full, getting to under 6 months on a truck now.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote