View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 02:42 PM   #1097
Scott2

Re: 55 Wagon Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP&C View Post
Scott, I’ve never used the Eastwood product to speak to how well it works. I would say if you think there are rust issues I would check into whether replacement rockers or other panels are needed. I try to encapsulate the rust in a trash can as I install new metal.
Robert - love that trash can part. Yeah I realize that not replacing the parts and trying to stop further rust by spraying magic paint on them is kinda mickey mouse. However, it was a $2500 Jeep when I bought it and after I put a lot of $$ into it it will likely still be a $2500 Jeep. They don't make many spare parts at all (I was lucky to find floors) and I need to stop it from rusting away so I'm looking for alternatives.

I already bought several parts trucks or major sections and cut all the good metal out of them I could find. I will be trimming parts and replacing rusty sections where I can, as long as the rust doesn't spread further before I get there!

Anyway, I'll just continue to watch you do your artistry and magic and try to dance that line between weenie work and something better!