Thread: Ol Blue
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 07:57 PM   #126
montsb

Re: Ol Blue

Zellway. I'm loving the build. Nice work! I had questions about your Retrosound. I read your review on Crutchfield, thanks for posting the link! I have a Custom Autosound in a 1971 K5 and it is horrible. Constant whining, poor sound quality ect. And I do know it is the Stereo as I have redone all wiring, isolated wires, you name it, I've done it. I used to install sound systems and security systems in autos for a living. I also temporarily wired up an old Sony deck that sounded wonderful with no whining. So much better sound in fact that I didn't even know my system had bass, and with the old Sony deck (pull out type) it had highs and lows that were not there. Also I tried an Alternator made by Powermaster for 110 amps and better build quality. So, back to my question. Does your Retrosound deck have any alternator wine? Also wanted to ask if you have it hooked up to an amplifier. Currently I have my deck powered with an amp, with the kick panels 6 1/2" speakers and old Pioneer Truck boxes (TS-TRX800) in back. Also wondered if the Retrosound has a CD Changer control as I have the CD-10 in there as well. Anyways, I just wanted confirmation as to the Retrosound decks quality and some features as I am almost ready to cut the dash for a good stereo lol. Thanks for your time. keep up the great work and awesome thread!
montsb is offline   Reply With Quote