View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 08:57 PM   #195
sfont66

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

I may be a little late here, and I am a bit old school in my approach, but I like to use a pressure sandblaster. It is messy and should be done outside if possible.
The drawbacks,( other than the mess) is , they require a lot of air volume. I have a 6.5hp dual stage compressor with an 80 gallon tank and 60 gallon auxiliary tank.
That said ,they do a great job of cleaning up rusty parts. If you ever consider one for the future, the blast media you choose makes a difference. I tend to use silica sand or diamond grit( please use a respirator when blasting), choose one that has a choke valve in the air line, this will help to clear a clogged hose when the sand / air has too much moisture. Also get a few different sizes of nozzles, sometimes the smaller grit isn’t screened well and can clog the blast nozzle.
I have had several over the years, I had a nice one, but a friend borrowed it and never returned it. He took off with it and my ex wife, 30 years ago, good riddance ....my latest one is a cheapie that I had to modify,adding better pipe and the choke valve . I have pics, but don’t want to overstep.
Sorry for the rambling, it’s Friday and I’ve had a couple

Last edited by sfont66; 04-24-2020 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Content
sfont66 is offline   Reply With Quote