Thread: 47-59 Headliner ideas
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 08:17 PM   #17
Johns327

Re: Headliner ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57tailgater View Post
327: What material did you use for your backer? I like how you used a stock border rubber too.

Noticed too the factory speaker box and I think I see a couple of speakers in it. What did you use? Any tips on running the wiring? Is that a GPS there too?
I applied rattle trap to the metal roof. The upholstery shop made the leather pattern you see and added a backing material, it’s not solid, behind the foam. That was all then glued into place. The border is just really a cover up for the edges.

The speakers came mounted to a plate that went into the stock speaker box, I believe they were kicker brand (there are several out there). I just run those on the stereo front so I can fade them out. Because of their location you need to tone them down and let the other bigger speakers fill the volume.

I used some welding rod and went in from the bottom up in the “A” pillar driver side. I had the visor out so I could feel the rod when it came through. Then I pulled a string in, then the wire. Patients it can be a pain.

No it is not a GPS, it’s the microphone for the radio phone interface. Does it work, not all that well do to the background noise. On the visor might be a better choice but the install could be uglier.

John