View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #232
68Stepbed

Re: Project: LS1ick68

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidaxel View Post
What it wasn't fast enough !
How does all that torque hook up ?
Actually, it was for the stock suspension. However, since I've installed all new TCI suspension, the torque arm should supply more grip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriffin View Post
Did you dyno it before you added the heads? Any other changes while you were swapping out the heads (e.g. - rockers)? I'm curious to know how much power you added! I've always been a fan of AFR and 521hp/472 tq is awesome!

Standing by for the pics
No before dyno, but it was estimated about 450ish with the stock 241 heads and same cam, since that's typical numbers for a cam only LS1. The only change in the valvetrain was the trunion upgrade in the rocker arms. The trunion upgrade really doesn't do anything for power, they just make the rockers more stable and less prone to high rpm failure.

Also keep in mind the hp/tq numbers are only what's recorded since we didn't take the engine to its 6500rpm potential. If you look at the chart with numbers, the power was still climbing rapidly. I would confidently say it would've hit 540hp, but since no numbers to prove it, I won't claim it.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote