View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #65
NeoJuice

Re: 1952 Project 1433

Little update from the weekend.

I got the "Cab to Frame Mount Kit" and "Stepside Bed to frame mounting kit" and got them installed this weekend. Also vacuumed and cleaned out the cab from all the mouse **** and other stuff. Swapped around the front control arm bolts and tightened everything up because it was loose.

This was a before picture of one of the rear mounts. I thought I took an "after" pictures.

I also fixed the battery box cover so it actually locks properly.

Also can someone tell me what the big bar is going across the middle of the cab frame? I want to remove it because I cant get at the front box mounting bolts. The hole is to small to get my fingers in there and get the nut on there. If I removed the bar the access hole will be a lot bigger.

I couldn't find any information online about it. I took out the bolt and loosened the steel washer ring behind it but the b*tch wont come off. I smacked it with a hammer and broke it loose a little but it's not budging. Probably have to torch it off or use my sawsall.

Also had a little time to go to Mopac and get a carb rebuild kit and gasket set for the 350. Going to try and get the manifold swap done soon.

Still have to figure out what I'm going to do with that rear end.
NeoJuice is offline   Reply With Quote