View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #10
ManNamedJed

Re: Classic Auto Air AC System Review and Install Notes

I just installed my system and thought I'd add a few things that might be helpful to others.

1. My drain hose was also too short. Buy some extra in advance.
2. The hole for the wiring on the block off plate was also too small. The plug to fill the hole is an appropriate size, so I drilled it out.
3. Cut the backing foam on the block off plate holes in advance, it will save you some wrestling when you put the unit in.
4. The new glovebox insert is way oversized and is a pain to try to get installed.
5. The template for the center duct seems oversized and required lots of extra fitting.
6. The side ducts require a 2 1/4" hole saw, which is not a size included in many kits, and not on the shelf at home depot, you might want to order one in advance.
7. The white wire from the interior wiring is too short to reach up through the firewall and needed to be extended.
8. 'Not included' items are not well noted in the instructions and leave you searching back through your boxes repeatedly.
9. The defrost ducts attach to the back of the unit, it was necessary to unbolt most of it to gain access.
10. The lines too/from the compressor appear to be incorrect lengths. I'm talking with CAA about a solution.
ManNamedJed is offline   Reply With Quote