View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #189
jlsanborn

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCHEVYMANxX View Post
Good to see things are getting back on track ! hope everything works out with the motor. do you know if the heads are ready for unleaded?
Thanks John! Got that instrument panel sprayed yet?

I'd have to guess that these heads are OG and will need hardened seats. We'll do screw in studs and guide plates too. I know that by the time I'm done with them I'll have spent about as much as a set of new aluminum CNC heads cost, but the objective is COOL. Camel humps are COOL! We've gone rounds on the motor thing. You can buy a 383 crate or bone-yard a Vortec and get way more hp per buck. Again the objective isn't HP or efficiency, it's COOL. An old school 327 with GM cast iron heads, making 300+ hp is what we're looking for. No bling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
With that size of shop you could make your very own blast room or blast box. Just sayin cause you got ROOM!
Nice to see you and the young one killin it in the shop. Good luck on the motor.
Thanks Bomp! I've contemplated the home blaster too. I think I'd have to upgrade the compressor situation and am trying to save SPACE. I love my big shop and am continuously trying to keep it clear. I see a lot of dudes on here working outside or in a small space and feel pretty lucky to have the room. I just want to keep it that way. I'm down to a handfull of yucky parts and I'll be glad to drop a hundred to have the dude down the road blast them for me. Looking back, I probably should have invested as it would have been much quicker and easier with much better results (like yours). Next time....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote