View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #79
desertdogg

Re: Need advice: LS ENGINE SWAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde65 View Post
Did you get the motor local to you?

If so, I would load it in a truck and take your documentation with you and show it to him. Tell him that he needs to make it right, if he doesnt, then just tell anyone who will listen how much they suck and advise to never use them.

I had a similar issue, I bought a motor and trans ( 2002) from a local yard. When I got it in the truck and all hooked up, it wouldnt start, turn over but maybe 1/4 turn. I pulled it and tried to manually turn it, no go. I pulled the passenger side head ( I know I wasnt supposed to by the yards rules but) thats when I found enough rust and yuk in the middle two cylinders to make it impossible to turn over. I called him, sent him pictures and two persons signed statement ( they were both present when opened up) and he refused to make it right. I found another motor with 7K miles and bought it. I then took the POS motor and set it right in front of his business door, and chained it to his from door and the two posts that protected it. I also included a note, "thank you for your commitment to customer service!"

I like your style Clyde, thats exactly what I feel like doing lol...No this guy is about two hours up north from me in Wilmington Ca..Im in San Diego...Going to talk to this guy today after I call a lawyer or two and see what I can make happen today, I really just want to get this worked out with this guy he Claims to be the Change over king I hope he makes it right..thats all I want so I can get on with the build of my truck...off to work now hopefully I will have some good news later.