View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 10:36 AM   #215
vintovka

Re: 50 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

Well in the next episode of "as the stomach turns" there's some promising news and a warning. After repeatedly contacting NAPA over their crappy, potentially dangerous rebuilt steering boxes, i finally got a call from their chief resolution guy. After explaining this was the second failed box and expressing severe concern over a 3rd he made an offer i couldn't refuse. (I am Sicilian BTW). Today a primo box custom built by Red Top gears came by UPS express. They paid over $300 (plus a 200 core). Having it installed next week as (name a body part) is in dire pain. Does mean i am eating the labor from all 3 installs but better than forking out more money in parts. I have concluded NAPA is grimly aware that selling poor quality rebuilt stuff may be cost ineffective and are taking steps to improve the situation. When the box blew out the lower seal near lost control on a narrow river bridge. Came close to not being here. I do fear that as our nation rapidly succumbs to engineered chaos there is lots more bad defecation on the horizon.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote