View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #23
special-K
Special Order

Re: Heavy Machines powered by GM diesels or Detroits

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_r101 View Post
What i always found ironic was the fact that ford used detroits alot in there big trucks, seen tons for sale, but i guess the saying is true, fords run better with gm parts.
Many a new Ford car was delivered to the dealership on the back of a Louisville Ford powered by GM's Detroit Diesel. That's why GM is great. They make/made more of their own stuff...and stuff for other makes...than the others. Ford and Chrysler made less of their own truck than GM. Look back to the early days of diesel heavy trucks and you hear about those GMCs right along with Mack,White,Peterbilt,or any other. You don't hear raves about how great the Fords and Dodges were. To this day, with the companies only making light trucks, Ford uses International and Dodge uses Cummins and GM makes their own. Then,there were the Allison Transmissions (and aircraft engines). But, GM sold that in '07

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote